By Walter Mitchell Talk about a player who is fired up about his teammates, new coaches and the Arizona community, Paris Johnson Jr., in his interview with Bo Brack and Johnny Venerable on the PHNX Cardinals Podcast, lit the match to a blowtorch of jalapeno-hot takes about the 2026 Arizona Cardinals. Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLYNPP8POM&t=4704s The first order of business was to promote PJJ's charity "Putts for a Purpose" which took place last weekend, with the purpose being to raise enough money to build houses for military veterans and students who require financial aid. Paris is working in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity and hand in hand with Kurt Warner who has generously offered to furnish the first house upon its completion. When it came to talk about his boys, Paris Johnson Jr. was ecstatic about having the chance to elaborate in fine detail about the considerable talent the Cardinals have been building on offense. He's psyched t...
Maybe Baltimore could swing a trade for MHJ too?? Just thought about that after we wrapped the show
ReplyDeleteWhat or whom would the Cardinals get in the trade?
DeleteProbably a Day 2 Draft pick if I had to guess. When Baltimore sent Hollywood Brown to Arizona for a 1st, it was probably an overpay by Keim to get Kyler his guy. At the same time, even Hollywood had better numbers through Year 3 than MHJ currently does
DeleteThe Ravens do have a depth at Cornerback thanks to rookie 5th-round pick Chandler Rivers.... maybe the Cardinals could get him in a deal
Chargers
DeleteMy 0-6 division record looks strong. If I owned the team, this would be my plan for the rest of the season preparing for my 2027 First Round future QB draft pick.
ReplyDeleteFire Monti and promote D Sears.
Trade Monti’s 3 biggest acquisitions.
J. Sweat to Giants for G Newsome slot CB.(assuming Dart comes back and Giants are still in the hunt) If they need a QB upgrade over Winston, send them Minshew.
Paris Johnson to Dallas for OT Broderick Jones and a 4 th rd pick. Loved Jones at Pitt.
Marvin Harrison to Buffalo for WR K Coleman, loved him at FSU.
Upgrades across the board. Start Burch at pass rusher and look for another pass rusher in rd two this spring.
Would be foolish to pay Paris top 10 LT money and Marv H. looks like D Boston to me without the baggage.
DeleteB. Jones out of GA not Pitt.
DeleteSo your plan would be to tank!?
DeleteDon't you think this team has enough bad karma?
A talent-gap loss. Arizona competed for a half, then Seattle's defense and one great receiver took over. The Cardinals threw for 95 yards with no completion longer than nine yards, didn't have a 10-yard run until garbage time, and the defense gave up 24 second-half points. Smith-Njigba's 155 receiving yards were more than the Cardinals' 151 as a team.
ReplyDeletePreseason I asked if Lafluer would run his version of McVey's 13 personnel-he did and left MHJ off the field to do so. Keeping an elite (?) receiver off the field to do so without success is concerning to me.
Lefluer and staff were out coached by the next iteration of Belichick and had no adjustment once Seattle started getting pressure on Brissett. JB didn't have the rhythm office he has last week. Still, his play was disappointing. Ten in a row losses in the hands of the World Champs.
Great podcast guys!
Can't wait to have you back, Saguaro!
DeleteEnjoyed the pod.
ReplyDeleteI would offer another perspective on PJJ.
His first game this year was an excellent game against a stout Chargers front but Seattle is a different beast. While you mentioned he is not in shape, he looks to be in great shape to me and maybe the best I have ever seen him - but perhaps not 'game' shape just yet. I think it is because of the contract and business side of things with the jockeying that goes along with it. He is eligible for an extension now but has not received it and I believe that the lack of pre-season action and what I bet is 'careful practising' and maybe even sitting out some practises while negotiating - has led to a slower start than I think he is capable of. Paris was a top 10 or 12 graded tackle in the league his second season and last year, with a new OL coach and a team that had no running game whatsoever after all the injuries, certainly didn't help his grades.
I believe that Paris will show this year that he is a top 10 tackle in this league and earn his contract.
Regarding JB, he had a bad game but not as bad as Maye (who was the runner up to last years MVP) had the previous week. MacDonald is a genius and he exploited what I feel is JB's one and only below average weakness, his mobility. I am also confident in this offence, even after that performance and I believe that LaFleur will have some answers for the next game. But Seattle looks to be even better than last year. The fact that we were toe to toe with them for a full half is encouraging to me and if you consider that their 7 points was on a single blown play, I think we had the better half. I think that if the Cardinals recovered the muffed punt to start the second half, it may have tipped the momentum the other way. Funny how the bounces go sometimes - karma?
And for the first time, I am really concerned by MHJ - and not about his ability to play football or have a positive impact on the team. This looks like there is something going on behind the scenes. I don't think he is happy and I don't like what LaFleur is saying when he is pointing out other receiving options. Not sure how it will play out but I don't think it looks good for anybody.
MHJ has never been a happy Cardinal-ask his Dad. I have eyes and ears at Ohio State-MHJ was never happy there either-ask his Dad. Why is a receiver they're presumably evaluating for the long term is playing 77% of the snaps but seeing so few opportunities?
Delete